Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and centre providing valued customer service to the public.
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity for growth
• Work for a reputable and nationally known company
• A challenging yet rewarding
You’re a good fit if…
• You have strong self-management, organization and entrepreneurial skills
• You are physically and mentally fit to perform all duties required
• You are fluent in English (written, verbal and reading)
• Enjoy working outdoors and indoors
Some of your responsibilities include:
• Identify drayage truck destination
• Segregate drayage trucks by destination and by loaded/empty chassis
• Proactive road/congestion mitigation
• Assist with emergency/safety road management
• Minimum 3 years experience in security
• 5 years residence in Canada
• Valid security license
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
• Clean criminal record
• OFA 1
• Previous experience with access control
• Ability and willingness to work graveyard shifts