Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and center providing valued customer service to the public.
We are currently looking for a professional security guard to take on a full time, graveyard rotation at one of our high profile sites.
What’s in it for you?
· Opportunity for growth
· A challenging yet rewarding work environment
· Work for a reputable and nationally known company
· Competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package
· Free uniforms
· Paid on-site training
You’re a good fit if…
· You have the ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner
· You have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions under pressure
· You demonstrate interest and experience in serving the public
· You have a positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Provide superior customer service to clients and general public
· Provide access control and issue out passes as required
· Surveillance of people, property, buildings and equipment
· Patrol the grounds and property as scheduled, on foot
· Act as a line of emergency response and provide first aid to all employees in a prompt, easily accessible and appropriate manner
· Monitor and log all deliveries
· Answer phone and transfers calls to appropriate parties
· Report all incidences to the Site Supervisor and provide investigation report
· BC Security License
· You have excellent problem solving skills
· You have excellent communication skills
· You can work under pressure
· You are proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers
· You have a valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
· You have resided in Canada for the last five years
· Hold OFA 2 or willing to obtain