Cell Guards - Kelowna Jail Cells
Commissionaires BC is looking for versatile and highly motivated security professionals to add to our team in the Kelowna City Cell Block. As a successful candidate you must meet the physical requirements of the job, be highly reliable, have excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, possess excellent customer service skills and be able to pass a criminal background check/enhanced security clearance.
Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
What’s in it for you?
· Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement career
· Competitive hourly wages
· Health & dental benefits
· Free uniforms
· Training to succeed in your role
You’re a good fit if…
· Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
· A positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers;
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
· Strong multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills;
· Physically fit and assertive, including the ability to conduct extensive foot patrols;
· Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Performing cell checks;
· Data Entry;
· Writing clear and concise daily logs and reports of all incidents;
· Monitoring Cameras and Fingerprinting services;
· Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts;
· Assisting and processing residents
· Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor;
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of site duties and safety standards.
Your Must – Haves:
· Clear criminal record
· Residing in Canada for a minimum of 5 years
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires BC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.