We are looking for professional security guards to fill seasonal positions at La Casa Cottages. Starting part-time with morning and evening rotational shifts, these positions will evolve to full-time hours from June 30 for the remainder of the season.
Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and centre providing valued customer service to the public.
What’s in it for you?
· Opportunity for growth advancement within the organization
· $20 gas allowance per shift
· Work for a reputable and nationally known company
· A challenging yet rewarding work environment
· Free uniforms
· Paid on-site training
· AD&D Insurance coverage
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
You’re a good fit if…
· You hold a positive and can do attitude
· You are reliable and committed
· You can think on your feet and problem solve
· You can work alone or as part of a team
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Extensive exterior & interior patrols
· Offering first class customer service to both clients and general public
· Access Control
· Vehicle inspections & patrols
· Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts
· Maintaining detailed and accurate daily logs and incident reports
· Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor
· You have a BC Security License – or willing to obtain one
· You have a valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
· You have excellent problem solving skills
· You can work under pressure
· You are physically fit, able to stand for long periods and work both indoors and outdoors in a range of weather conditions;
· Hold OFA 1 or OFA 2