Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires is the leading supplier of security services for the federal government. From access control and front desk security, to 24/7 control room operations, we provide high-level security services to our federal clients.
What’s in it for you?
· Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement career
· Competitive hourly wages
· Health & dental benefits
· Free uniforms
· Training to succeed in your role
You’re a good fit if…
· Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
· Positive and professional attitude, with strong communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
· Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Liaise with all security personnel regarding specific activities or concerns, maintaining open communication;
· Monitoring of CCTV cameras, reviewing situations and reporting/advising on-site personnel of appropriate response;
· Greet visitors and staff members;
· Ensure confidentiality for staff members and the site;
· Enforce building security, and maintain a safe environment for all personnel and the public;
· Manage incoming calls, inquiries, and pass along vital information;
· Respond to inquiries according to site access protocols;
· Participate in Site Scenario, on-the-job, and refresher training as required;
· Seek methods and procedures that will enhance site operations;
· Respond to emergency situations, dispatching security personnel to the scene and following established security protocol;
· Reporting to the Site Supervisor and Operations management for further duties as necessary.
Your Must – Haves …
· Residing in Canada for a minimum of 10 years
· Willing to obtain Government of Canada Top Secret Level Clearance. Process involves a security interview, a polygraph examination, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications;
· Valid BC Security Licence
· Occupational First Aid Level 1 (or willing to obtain);
· Ability to clear a Criminal Background Check;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers