Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires is the leading supplier of security services for the federal government. From access control and front desk security, to 24/7 control room operations, we provide high-level security services to our federal clients.
What’s in it for you?
· Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement career
· Competitive hourly wages
· Health & dental benefits
· Free uniforms
· Training to succeed in your role
You’re a good fit if…
· Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
· Positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers;
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
· Strong multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills;
· Physically fit and assertive, including the ability to conduct extensive foot patrols;
· Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Performing interior patrols and conducting daily resident counts;
· Maintaining official visitor and resident logs, count sheets, and resident sign-in/out sheets;
· Writing clear and concise daily logs and reports of all incidents;
· Enforcing and maintaining resident curfews;
· Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts;
· Provide first aid in a prompt, accessible, and appropriate manner;
· Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor;
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of site duties and safety standards.
Your Must – Haves …
· Basic Security License
· Residing in Canada for a minimum of 5 years