Are you an experienced security professional looking for the next big step in your career?
Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and centre providing valued customer service to the public.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time (40 hours per week) Field Supervisor for a very challenging, yet rewarding role. This is a Full-Time position of 8-hour shifts depending on requirements. This position will be afternoons but will also need to be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive hourly wages
· Health & dental benefits
· Free uniforms
· Company Vehicle for Work
· Opportunity to grow and develop with a forward thinking company
· Working for a company that cares for and gives back to the local community
· Opportunities for ongoing development
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Liaise with clients with respect to operational requirements and expectations, regular monthly meetings with clients
· Random inspections of sites both regular and seasonal
· Develop and conduct site security training activities (scenario)
· Prepare and amend post orders & operating procedures as required
· Supply and deliver emergency supplies and equipment as required
· Develop site maintenance records & reports
· Acknowledge and respond to emergency site situations in a timely manner
· Develop reports of observations and recommendations for enhanced site security, and provide appropriate follow-up activities
· Provide on-call duties (duty manager schedule shared with Manager), and responsibilities as required
· Providing honest, accurate and timely reports on incidents, both positive and negative to the Corps and to the client as applicable.
· Previous Supervisory/Management experience;
· Previous experience working in a similar role
· Valid BC Security Licence;
· Ability to clear a Criminal Background Check;
· Minimum 5 years residence in Canada;
· Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
· Positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers;
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing and organizational skills;
· Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
· Ability to work independently and make sound decisions under pressure;
· Physically fit and confident
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Clean Drivers Abstract;
· Fluent English written, verbal and reading skill
· Previous experience with Commissionaires BC
Commissionaires BC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.